Scoping Damage after an Emergency in Your Salton City Home
A leaky sink or toilet will cause an issue in the long run. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the help you need.
SERVPRO Assists in Water Mitigation
A giant water leak in your kitchen or bathroom is an emergency. SERVPRO trained agents can help mitigate further damages. The first step is to scope the damage before creating an action plan.
Water Mitigation in Salton City is something many homeowners face. SERVPRO technicians are available to take the emergency damage report anytime, 24/7. Then they jump into action by scoping the damage. While scoping, they have to be mindful of any present dangers to ensure safety for both the workers and residents.
Here are some necessary scoping procedures for water emergencies:
- Identify water quality; clean, gray, or black.
- Technicians explain what they are doing while they do it and have homeowners sign the appropriate documentation.
- Document details such as types of materials needed.
- Test walls, cabinets, crawl spaces, carpets, subfloor, and other surface areas for hidden moisture.
- Photograph the damage for planning and insurance purposes.
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of El Centro / Salton City at (760) 337-5858. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Take a Trip from Salton City to Borrego Springs for a Class Like no Other.
Fire restoration is no DIY project. Cal the professionals at SERVPRO for the help you need to get your life back on track.
Capture the Night Sky in Salton City with the Help of Stan Moniz
If you live in El Centro, Salton City, or a surrounding city, save the date for Saturday, March 13th, when world-renowned Sony Ambassador Stan Moniz teaches us the principles of astrophotography to capture the beauty of the night sky. Organized by Samys Photo School, this event celebrates Borrego Springs as an official International Dark Sky community. As you plan your day, remember the following-
- Reservations are required, and there is a cost associated with taking the class.
- Stan Moniz will explore the use of lighting, the landscape, and the Milky Way in your photographic compositions.
- The event will take place from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Make sure to dress in layers to account for the dramatic changes in temperature between day and night.
Just like you enlist the help of an expert to perfect your astrophotography techniques, so should you reach out to SERVPRO if you have fire damage in your Salton City home or business. Our team trains with the best in the industry to bring the best equipment and latest technology when you want to get rid of soot and smoke damage.
When you need an expert, SERVPRO of El Centro/Salton City is at your service. Call us at (760) 337-5858 and let us leave your home or business “Like it never even happened.”
Haga un Viaje desde Salton City a Borrego Springs para una Clase como Ninguna Otra.
SERVPRO no puede esperar el astrofotografía evento en Salton City!
Captura la Noche Estrellada en Salton City con la Ayuda de Stan Moniz
Si vive en El Centro, Salton City o una ciudad cercana, reserve la fecha del sábado 13 de marzo, cuando el mundialmente reconocido Embajador de Sony Stan Moniz nos enseñara los principios de la astrofotografía para capturar la belleza del cielo de la noche. Organizado por Samys Photo School, este evento celebra a Borrego Springs como una comunidad oficial del “International Dark Sky.” Al planificar su paseo, recuerde lo siguiente:
- Se requieren reservaciones y hay un costo asociado con tomar la clase.
- Stan Moniz explorará el uso de la iluminación, el paisaje y la Vía Láctea en sus composiciones fotográficas.
- El evento tendrá lugar de 17:00 a 22:00 horas.
- Asegúrese de vestirse en capas en consideración a los cambios drásticos de temperatura entre el día y la noche.
Del mismo modo que solicita la ayuda de un experto para perfeccionar sus técnicas de astrofotografía, también debe comunicarse con SERVPRO si tiene daños por incendio en su hogar o negocio. Nuestro equipo se capacita con los expertos de la industria para brindarle el mejor equipo y la última tecnología cuando desea eliminar el daño causado por el hollín y el humo.
Cuando necesite un experto, SERVPRO de El Centro / Salton City está a su servicio. Llámenos al (760) 337-5858 y déjenos dejar su casa o negocio como si nada hubiera sucedido.
Home Restoration After a Flood
Storm damage is no easy task. Leave it to the professionals at SERVPRO. They have the IICRC certified technicians and all the latest equipment too.
What does restoration mean after flood damage in your El Centro Home?
El Centro is located in Southern California, about 600 miles south of San Francisco and 115 miles east of San Diego. It is about 50 miles west of Yuma, Arizona. Most notably, it is on Mexico's border, and only 15 minutes from the industrial complexes in Mexicali, Baja California. in Mexicali, you can find museums, shopping, and other sites of interest. El Centro is the county seat of Imperial County. There are two international border crossings in El Centro, making commerce and travel simple between the United States and Mexico, fostering a positive economic relationship between the two countries.
One of the first Europeans to the area was Melchor Diaz, who explored the area in 1540. Then Juan Bautista de Anza once again found the site in 1776. The area was partially under Mexican control following the American Mexican War. It wasn't settled into a city until the early 1900s. When, in 1906, W.F. Holt and C.A. Barker purchased land for only forty dollars an acre and put $100,000 into the area, transforming a barley field into a city right away, becoming the City of El Centro on April 16, 1908.
The city's population quickly grew from 1,610 by 1910 to 11,000 by the 1940s. One of the reasons it multiplied is that it became the county seat despite a battle with the City of Imperial, who also wanted the role. It was the second biggest city in the region and a major agricultural supplier for the area. Not only were there farms, fruit and vegetable packing and shipping also thrived along with ice plants and box factories.
Places to visit in El Centro:
- Visiting the Imperial Valley Mall, opened in 2005, to enjoy a premier shopping experience.
- Bucklin Park, a city park with a trail for walking or running and spacious picnic areas for the family.
- Algodones Dunes, the largest Dune field in the United States. Perfect for off-road driving of ATVs and four-wheel-drive trucks.
- El Centro Naval Air Facility to view the annual Blue Angels flight display event.
Home Restoration Following an Emergency
After a flood, a word you continue to hear is restoration. When it comes to home repairs, you may wonder what the word restoration means. It means to return something to its former condition. After a flood, restoration can become an involved process with many steps. However, our team at SERVPRO works hard to make sure that your home is thoroughly restored.
Restoration includes the following:
- Putting something back together, usually a home or business.
- Replacing parts of the drywall or resetting the contents of the home.
- Final cleaning and inspections.
- Contents are put back into place.
- Ensuring the home is put back to preloss condition.
For assistance with any home restoration project, contact SERVPRO of El Centro / Salton City anytime, 24/7, at (760) 337-5858. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Not Far from El Centro, the San Andreas Fault is a Visit like No Other.
We understand the need for rapid response to minimize the loss of your property after a flood occurs. Call us right away we are available 24/7.
El Centro Residents Know About the San Andreas Fault, but Few Have Driven Through it.
One need only think of the El Centro earthquake of 1940 to understand how intertwined the city’s history and development is with the San Andreas fault. Many Californians and visitors to the state are constantly alert regarding seismic activity natural to the area. A good way to learn more about the fault takes place not too far. Leaving from Palm Desert, you can explore the geologic features of the San Andreas fault. At the same time, a guide explains the vegetation and animal life in the formation and the influence of the Native American Cahuilla tribe. Make sure to consult online availability to book a tour and keep in mind the following-
- The tour is done in an open-air Jeep, leaving from Palm Desert.
- You will be able to walk around some areas, as explained by the naturalist guide traveling with you.
- A minimum of 2 guests is necessary to book the tour, and it is not wheelchair accessible.
Just as we expect the San Andreas to act up occasionally, we should assume flash flooding will happen in our region. SERVPRO technicians are ready to help when flash flooding removal services are necessary following a natural event. When a disaster occurs, it is time to leave it up to the experts, and SERVPRO of El Centro/Salton City is the best water restoration company in the region. Contact us at (760) 337-5858 and let us leave your home, “Like it never even happened.”
Start the New Year by Exploring Natural Beauties near El Centro
SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle every level of mold damage, Including the odors that come with it. Call us today, we are always available.
Not far from El Centro, Smugglers Cave Trail is a Scenic Hike for Nature-Lovers.
California's beauty is evident everywhere we go, and in El Centro, we are surrounded by many natural formations to confirm it. As we kick off a brand new year with goals of being more active and healthy, we have an excellent opportunity to hike nearby trails and fulfill our objectives. Smugglers Cave is a natural hollow in a boulder presumably formed by the cooling of rocks throughout the centuries. The boulders surrounding the Cave result from erosion and weathering of granite rock natural to the area. Smugglers Cave is the protagonist of urban legends-
- One tale says it was the hiding place for bandits responsible for a holdup nearby. Eventually, the bandit was forced to leave the Cave and was apprehended.
- It is also said that Smugglers Cave was used to store contraband brought across the Mexican border.
- Others identify it as the holding place for Chinese laborers.
As always, confirm details with the proper authorities before venturing on a hike. The best time to visit Smugglers Cave in the Fall and Winter months when temperatures are not hot.
SERVPRO of El Centro/Salton City services the area and is committed to preserving its natural beauty in the same fashion that we protect businesses needing mold remediation services.
Calling us at (760) 337-5858 opens the door to our team's professional approach. With our help, your commercial setting will look, "Like it never even happened."
Comience el Año Nuevo Explorando Bellezas Naturales Cerca de El Centro
Smugglers Cave Trail es divertido para todos en la comunidad de El Centro.
No Muy Lejos de El Centro, Smugglers Cave Trail es una Caminata Escénica para los Amantes de la Naturaleza
La belleza de California es evidente dondequiera que vayamos, y en El Centro, estamos rodeados de muchas formaciones naturales para confirmarlo. Al comenzar un nuevo año con las metas de ser más activos y saludables, tenemos una excelente oportunidad para recorrer senderos cercanos y cumplir con nuestros objetivos. Smugglers Cave es una apertura natural en el centro de una roca formada por el enfriamiento gradual de las rocas a lo largo de los siglos. Las formaciones redondeadas que rodean la cueva son el resultado de la erosión y el desgaste del granito natural de la zona. Smugglers Cave es protagonista de varias leyendas urbanas incluyendo las siguientes:
- Un cuento dice que fue el escondite de los bandidos responsables de un atraco en una población cercana. En su desenlace, el bandido se vio obligado a abandonar la cueva y fue detenido.
- También se dice que Smugglers Cave se utilizó para almacenar contrabando traído al cruzar la frontera con México.
- Otros lo identifican como un albergue temporal para trabajadores Chinos llegando al área.
Como siempre, confirme los detalles con las autoridades correspondientes antes de aventurarse en una caminata. La mejor época para visitar Smugglers Cave es en los meses de otoño e invierno, cuando las temperaturas no son tan altas.
SERVPRO de El Centro / Salton City da servicio al área y se compromete a preservar su belleza natural de la misma manera que protegemos las empresas que necesitan servicios de eliminación de moho. Al llamarnos al (760) 337-5858 usted abre la puerta al nivel altamente professional de nuestro equipo. Con nuestra ayuda, su local comercial se verá como que nada hubiera sucedido.
Salton City Leads in the Salton Sea Coast
Property owners breathe a sigh of relief when the SERVPRO green fleet swiftly arrives for water loss mitigation.
Unique Attractions Surround Salton City and its Residents
Salton City, in Imperial County, is considered the most extensive development on the Salton Sea Coast. Not as famous as San Diego or Los Angeles, the Salton Sea is a shallow lake on the San Andreas Fault. Straddling Imperial Valley and Coachella Valley, the lake is below sea level and occupies the Salton Sink. Rainfall causes the Salton Sea size to vary, but it is estimated to be close to 350 square miles, and it is the largest lake in California. Due to its saline nature, living species such as fish and vegetation have a hard time surviving. However, some tilapia, catfish, and bass have been known to survive. In contrast, the avian population is quite diverse.
The Salton Sea area invested resources to become a resort area, and Salton City was central to this redevelopment. Desert Shores, Bombay Beach, and Desert Shores were also targeted for development. However, the lake's pollution and increased salinity undercut the project’s success, and many communities have since been abandoned. Most recently, the area has welcomed a newer crowd of artists with bohemian lifestyles.
If Salton City remains sparsely populated, it is not for lack of trying. In the 1960s, the Holly Corporation, a Texas-based oil company, attempted to develop the area as a resort community. M. Penn Phillips, Holly Corporation’s leader, and entrepreneur put significant effort in growing Salton City, just as he developed Christmas Valley, Oregon, and Hesperia, California. By 1965, it became clear that Salton City lacked the accessibility and growth potential for full development. Almost simultaneously, the rising sea elevation caused shoreline structures to be abandoned. As pollution and salinity escalated, hopes of Salton City becoming a tourist destination decreased. It wasn’t until the 2000s that the area’s affordability encouraged new residents to move into the region.
Attractions Around Salton City
The area around Salton City has grown to offer some unique attractions to those looking for one-of-a-kind experiences. Very different from nearby Los Angeles and San Diego, some stops along your tourist route exist only in the Salton Sea area and invite you to bring your camera and artistic eye. Some places to include are listed below.
- Salvation Mountain- Leonard Knight created Salvation Mountain as a tribute to God and a way of carrying his message. At 50 feet high and 150 feet wide, the mountain is made of local adobe clay. Paint for the monument has been donated, and it is vividly applied to each inch of Knight’s work. Other objects also adorn Salvation Mountain, carrying the message “God is love” and depicting the scripture.
- Slab City- also called “the Slabs,” the area is often associated with living outside of civil society's established conventions. Slab City is a squatters community on what used to be the artillery training range for Camp Dunlap. The first settlers of the Slabs were veterans who had ties to the original base, but now RV owners tend to find their way to the area to settle for some time. Leonard Knight, the creator of Salvation Mountain, was also an early settler in the Slabs. Most inhabitants stay through the winter months and leave during the hot summer months, but a handful of people live in the area year-round.
- The International Banana Museum- If Salvation Mountain and Slab City are not unconventional enough for you, dare to go bananas by visiting the International Banana Museum. The entity boasts over 25,000 banana-related pictures and objects. Reviewers find it a one-of-a-kind outing that will have you laughing as soon as you arrive. You can top your time at the Museum with a delicious banana milkshake or ice cream. Although current health concerns have limited its operating hours, make sure to include it in your itinerary around Salton City.
- East Jesus- Within Slab City, you’ll find East Jesus, which a habitable art exhibit with no religious ties, despite its name. Created by the late Charlie Russell, its goal is to showcase experimental art, including concerts, sculptures, and photography. The elements typically erode art installations, making the exhibits short-lived and in a constant state of change. You can tour the area to understand the works of art and explore the many contributing artists' work.
- Painted Canyon Road- If you’re just driving through the Salton Sea area, make sure to go through Painted Canyon Road near Mecca. It is a beautiful road that leads to hiking trails and offers gorgeous views. Pay close attention to the type of vehicle you need to access, as some sandy areas can be dangerous.
Caring for your Salton City Home
Caring for your home is an ongoing responsibility, and some elements in Salton City should make you even more vigilant. Humidity, changes in temperature, seismic activity, and water levels can all impact your home. Luckily, if a pipe bursts and leaks all over your floors and belongings, SERVPRO is ready as a leading water restoration company. Our team has the proper training and equipment to take care of your needs shortly after reaching us at our 24/7 hotline.
Restoring a home after a water incident centers around extraction and drying, but efforts can be detrimental if humidity levels are not monitored. Our SERVPRO team has all the necessary equipment to measure humidity for each surface and take appropriate action. From dehumidifiers to wand extractors to air circulators, we are ready to use all of them to complete the job and minimize your loss.
SERVPRO of El Centro/Salton City relies on our training and experience to service residents in our area.
When you call upon our staff at (760) 337-5858, you can be assured that we won’t rest until we clean, dry, and sanitize your home according to recommended industry best practices. You can count on us until your home feels, “Like it never even happened.”
El Centro Families can Take a Field Trip for Some Holiday Magic
Be sure and check your holiday light displays for fire hazards.
Not Too Far from El Centro and in a Safe Setting, this Drive-Thru Event Shines a Light on the Season
Not too far from El Centro, Enchanted Village presents a holiday experience like no other. This year, especially when we worry about keeping socially distant and protecting our loved ones, Enchanted Village is a great option. Climb in your car and become part of the holiday light display!
- Pictures with Santa are available – at a distance!
- Enjoy a gigantic musical Christmas Tree as part of the attraction
- Go through the light tunnel and participate in interactive displays
The event runs December 18-23rd in Spring Valley and benefits people with developmental disabilities.
If your light display at your business causes some damage, and you need a specialized commercial fire debris removal team, you can reach out to our SERVPRO team. Our expert staff can help repair and restore your business, starting from the moment you place a call to our 24/7 hotline at (760) 337-5858. SERVPRO of El Centro/Salton City wants to help you until you feel, “Like it never even happened.”
Santa Claus Hace una Parada de Correo Cerca de El Centro
SERVPRO es la respuesta de Santa para todas la restauración de daños en tu casa or propiedad.
¡Niños de El Centro, Prepárense! Deja tu carta a Santa desde tu Carro
Los niños del país, incluidos los de El Centro, dieron un suspiro de alivio cuando la noticia anunció que Santa no corría peligro este año. De repente, los niños de todo el mundo están prestando mucha atención a su comportamiento y preguntándose cómo enviarle su carta a Santa. El 17 de diciembre, el Departamento de Recreación de Calexico tendrá la oportunidad de actuar como cartero de Santa. Esto es lo que necesita saber-
- El evento se llevará a cabo en el estacionamiento del Centro Comunitario de Calexico
- Santa y sus ayudantes tendrán bolsas de regalos disponibles para los primeros 100 niños que pasen
- Este evento sustituirá a la tradicional ceremonia de encendido de árboles y al desfile anual de Navidad.
Al igual que Santa, SERVPRO está listo para entrar en acción para ayudar a nuestra comunidad. Ya sea que una tormenta cause daños por inundación o un incendio deje un olor desagradable, nuestro equipo está aquí para ayudarlo.
Esta temporada festiva SERVPRO de El Centro / Salton City está a su servicio. Llámenos al (760) 337-5858 cuando nos necesite y permítanos hacer lo que mejor hacemos. Con nuestro personal professional y equipo industrial, podemos dejar su hogar listo para Santa y luciendo como que nada hubiera pasado.