Viaje desde El Centro al Joshua Tree National Park para Celebrar el Día de la Tierra, 2021
A nuestro equipo de SERVPRO le encanta visitar el Parque Nacional Joshua Tree!
A Poca Distancia en Automóvil de El Centro, Explore la Belleza de Dos Desiertos que se Unen
Si vive en El Centro, tiene el privilegio de estar rodeado por algunas de las vistas naturales más únicas del suroeste. Joshua Tree National Park está apenas a un par de horas de distancia, y lo invita a explorar el encuentro de los desiertos de Mojave y Colorado. Para celebrar el Día de la Tierra, tómese unos días para explorar los hermosos cielos nocturnos y las formaciones geológicas únicas que solo viven en el sur de California. Mientras planifica su visita, asegúrese de considerar lo siguiente:
- No tendrá servicio celular en todo el parque. Recuerde esto al explorar lejos de su campamento.
- El clima del desierto cambia rápidamente y puede pasar de días sofocantes a noches muy frescas. Es mejor consultar la página web del parque antes de partir para estar al tanto de las condiciones meteorológicas actualizadas.
- El protector solar, los sombreros, los lentes de sol y la ropa especializada ayudan a protegerse del sol.
Una visita a Joshua Tree, nos recuerda lo importante que es proteger nuestro medio ambiente. De la misma manera, también es esencial proteger a su familia después de un incendio en su hogar. En SERVPRO de El Centro / Salton City, nos esforzamos por restaurar su hogar con soluciones aprobadas por la EPA y de acuerdo con las recomendaciones de la industria. Cuando nos llame al (760) 337-5858, sabrá que nuestro equipo de expertos no descansará hasta que su hogar se vea como si nada hubiera sucedido.
What is COMMERCIAL Water Damage Restoration?
Our skilled technicians have the expertise and state of the art equipment to get your business back in order after a water catastrophe.
SERVPRO Restores Water-Damaged Businesses in El Centro and the Imperial Valley
Most water damage restoration companies are familiar and comfortable performing residential work. However, it takes experience and an investment in equipment to effectively produce "commercial" water damage cleanup jobs. Commercial jobs are often much larger than water damage projects in a home. Furthermore, the stakes are greater because commerce is interrupted. Commercial jobs demand adherence to tight deadlines and also finding ways to keep a damaged building open and the company operating during the cleanup.
SERVPRO’s El Centro water damage restoration team responds quickly to return businesses to a pre-damage state. This 24/7 commitment minimizes downtime for business owners so they can open their doors safely and rapidly once more.
SERVPRO Salvages Water-Damaged Facilities
One of the most crucial elements in performing a commercial water damage cleanup is being able to provide restorative reconstruction once the mitigation (drying) is completed. Being able to manage a job seamlessly from the initial emergency arrival through to completion is an advantage. It's cost-effective and a time saver.
SERVPRO of El Centro / Salton City performs water damage restoration when homeowners call (760) 337-5858.
Make El Centro your Destination this Spring
For safe and effective cleaning and sanitizing in your business property, call the experts at SERVPRO today.
Desert Trails RV Park in El Centro is an Easy and Safe Spring Break Alternative
You may not think of El Centro as a spring travel destination, but there is much to see around it. The city is lucky to have more sunny days per year than any other place in the country while being well below sea level. Its location near San Diego, Palm Springs, and Mexico's border makes it an excellent place to call home-base during a family vacation. To make it even more comfortable, Desert Trails RV Park and Golf Course welcome you to park your RV and make new friends as you travel. While at Desert Trails, you can enjoy the following-
- Hiking, hunting, and fishing nearby.
- You may be able to view the Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Team if they're in town.
- Enjoy the golf course, the only lighted range in all of Imperial Valley
Like the rest of the nation, commercial establishments in El Centro perform a deep cleaning regularly. Many of them rely on SERVPRO to provide cleaning and restoration services, especially when atypical events occur, such as flooding and fire.
Protect yourself and your loved ones by calling SERVPRO of El Centro/Salton City at (760) 337-5858 and let us take care of cleaning and sanitizing your business. When we leave, your place will look, "Like it never even happened."
Haz de El Centro tu Destino esta Primavera
Un viaje de primavera con tu familia al Desert Trails RV Park suena como una gran idea.
Desert Trails RV Park en El Centro es una Alternativa Fácil y Segura para las Vacaciones de Primavera
Puede que no piense en El Centro como un destino turístico esta primavera, pero hay mucho que ver a su alrededor. La ciudad tiene la suerte de tener más días soleados al año que cualquier otro lugar del país situado bajo el nivel del mar. Su ubicación cerca de San Diego, Palm Springs y la frontera con México lo convierte en un excelente lugar para visitar durante unas vacaciones en familia. Para hacerlo aún más cómodo, Desert Trails RV Park and Golf Course le da la bienvenida para estacionar su RV y hacer nuevos amigos mientras vacaciona. Mientras esté en Desert Trails, puede disfrutar de las siguientes amenidades:
- Caminatas, caza y pesca en las áreas circundantes.
- Posiblemente pueda disfrutar del del equipo de demostración de vuelo de Blue Angels si están en su base durante su visita.
- Disfrute del campo de golf, el único campo iluminado en todo Imperial Valley
Como el resto de la nación, los establecimientos comerciales en El Centro realizan una limpieza profunda con regularidad. Muchos de ellos confían en SERVPRO para brindar servicios de limpieza y restauración, especialmente cuando ocurren eventos inesperados, como inundaciones e incendios.
Protéjase y proteja a sus seres queridos llamando a SERVPRO de El Centro / Salton City al (760) 337-5858 y permítanos encargarnos de la limpieza y desinfección de su negocio. Al finalizar su trabajo, su lugar se verá como si nada hubiera sucedido.
Fire Cleanup in El Centro is performed by SERVPRO.
SERVPRO of El Centro employees loves serving the consumers in our community.
SERVPRO Techs Perform 24/7 Fire Damage Restoration in the El Centro Area.
El Centro, California, boasts a population of over 44,000 as of 2019. This city is also the largest in the United States that is entirely below sea level at an elevation of approximately 42 feet.
The El Centro is also an agricultural marvel. Over the past century, this desert region was converted into farmland that produces a crop yield of over $1 billion per year. Almost half of Imperial County’s jobs focus on agriculture.
El Centro’s proximity to Los Angeles also makes it a scenic area for filming. Movies shot in the city include:
- The Scorpion King (2002)
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Stargate (1994)
- Jarhead (2005)
- Into the Wild (2007)
Sanctuary City: A Pilgrimage Near El Centro
This hillside sanctuary in the California desert lies a 45-minute drive from El Centro, directly north of Calipatria. The installation was pioneered by local artist Leonard Knight, who made the piece from adobe bricks and other salvaged materials, such as tires, auto parts, and windows.
The entire mount is covered in murals, Bible verses, and Christian sayings with an evangelical perspective. Knight started the project in 1984 and was so dedicated that he would give free tours to every visitor.
Other unique landmarks in and near El Centro include:
- The Algodones Dunes near Baja California, Mexico, and the Arizona border are considered a National Natural Landmark, designated by the National Park Service
- The Imperial Valley Pioneers Museum preserves many artifacts from early Imperial Valley cultures
- The Museum of History in Granite is found in Felicity, about an hour east of El Centro. Four large monuments of Missouri Red Granite commissioned by Jacques-André Istel are on display in the desert and designed to last for thousands of years
Understanding Fire Damage Odors
El Centro fire damage restoration professionals at SERVPRO possess the tools and knowledge necessary to mitigate fire damage stains, debris, and odors. Technicians remediate damage per Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) guidelines to ensure a consistent cleanup quality for structures and contents. Odor particles are small, potent, and challenging to remove without the right tools.
- Odors are more likely to cling to porous surfaces. Odor penetration is exacerbated by high-heat fires that spew denser concentrations of soot
- Humidity also affects the presence of odors by making odors stronger. Higher relative humidity causes odor vapors to develop that are more easily detected by scent
- Odor molecules can be as small as four microns–a fraction of the size of an average human hair (100 microns)
Our Green Fleet has pickup trucks, vans, and box trucks that contain an inventory of heavy-duty equipment and cleaning and sanitation products. Once the FNOL is filed and an agreement for service has been signed by both parties, we can begin the removal of fire-damaged debris and commence odor control.
Call SERVPRO of El Centro / Salton City at (760) 337-5858 for fire damage restoration.
Scoping Damage after an Emergency in Your Salton City Home
A leaky sink or toilet will cause an issue in the long run. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the help you need.
SERVPRO Assists in Water Mitigation
A water leak in your kitchen or bathroom plumbing is an emergency. SERVPRO trained agents can help mitigate further damages. The first step is to scope the damage before creating an action plan.
Water Mitigation in Salton City is something many homeowners face. SERVPRO technicians are available to take the emergency damage report anytime, 24/7. Then they jump into action by scoping the damage. While scoping, they have to be mindful of any present dangers to ensure safety for both the workers and residents.
Here are some necessary scoping procedures for water emergencies:
- Identify water quality; clean, gray, or black.
- Technicians explain what they are doing while they do it and have homeowners sign the appropriate documentation.
- Document details such as types of materials needed.
- Test walls, cabinets, crawl spaces, carpets, subfloor, and other surface areas for hidden moisture.
- Photograph the damage for planning and insurance purposes.
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of El Centro / Salton City at (760) 337-5858. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Take a Trip from Salton City to Borrego Springs for a Class Like no Other.
Fire restoration is no DIY project. Cal the professionals at SERVPRO for the help you need to get your life back on track.
Capture the Night Sky in Salton City with the Help of Stan Moniz
If you live in El Centro, Salton City, or a surrounding city, save the date for Saturday, March 13th, when world-renowned Sony Ambassador Stan Moniz teaches us the principles of astrophotography to capture the beauty of the night sky. Organized by Samys Photo School, this event celebrates Borrego Springs as an official International Dark Sky community. As you plan your day, remember the following-
- Reservations are required, and there is a cost associated with taking the class.
- Stan Moniz will explore the use of lighting, the landscape, and the Milky Way in your photographic compositions.
- The event will take place from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Make sure to dress in layers to account for the dramatic changes in temperature between day and night.
Just like you enlist the help of an expert to perfect your astrophotography techniques, so should you reach out to SERVPRO if you have fire damage in your Salton City home or business. Our team trains with the best in the industry to bring the best equipment and latest technology when you want to get rid of soot and smoke damage.
When you need an expert, SERVPRO of El Centro/Salton City is at your service. Call us at (760) 337-5858 and let us leave your home or business “Like it never even happened.”
Haga un Viaje desde Salton City a Borrego Springs para una Clase como Ninguna Otra.
SERVPRO no puede esperar el astrofotografía evento en Salton City!
Captura la Noche Estrellada en Salton City con la Ayuda de Stan Moniz
Si vive en El Centro, Salton City o una ciudad cercana, reserve la fecha del sábado 13 de marzo, cuando el mundialmente reconocido Embajador de Sony Stan Moniz nos enseñara los principios de la astrofotografía para capturar la belleza del cielo de la noche. Organizado por Samys Photo School, este evento celebra a Borrego Springs como una comunidad oficial del “International Dark Sky.” Al planificar su paseo, recuerde lo siguiente:
- Se requieren reservaciones y hay un costo asociado con tomar la clase.
- Stan Moniz explorará el uso de la iluminación, el paisaje y la Vía Láctea en sus composiciones fotográficas.
- El evento tendrá lugar de 17:00 a 22:00 horas.
- Asegúrese de vestirse en capas en consideración a los cambios drásticos de temperatura entre el día y la noche.
Del mismo modo que solicita la ayuda de un experto para perfeccionar sus técnicas de astrofotografía, también debe comunicarse con SERVPRO si tiene daños por incendio en su hogar o negocio. Nuestro equipo se capacita con los expertos de la industria para brindarle el mejor equipo y la última tecnología cuando desea eliminar el daño causado por el hollín y el humo.
Cuando necesite un experto, SERVPRO de El Centro / Salton City está a su servicio. Llámenos al (760) 337-5858 y déjenos dejar su casa o negocio como si nada hubiera sucedido.
Home Restoration After a Flood
Storm damage is no easy task. Leave it to the professionals at SERVPRO. They have the IICRC certified technicians and all the latest equipment too.
What does restoration mean after flood damage in your El Centro Home?
El Centro is located in Southern California, about 600 miles south of San Francisco and 115 miles east of San Diego. It is about 50 miles west of Yuma, Arizona. Most notably, it is on Mexico's border, and only 15 minutes from the industrial complexes in Mexicali, Baja California. in Mexicali, you can find museums, shopping, and other sites of interest. El Centro is the county seat of Imperial County. There are two international border crossings in El Centro, making commerce and travel simple between the United States and Mexico, fostering a positive economic relationship between the two countries.
One of the first Europeans to the area was Melchor Diaz, who explored the area in 1540. Then Juan Bautista de Anza once again found the site in 1776. The area was partially under Mexican control following the American Mexican War. It wasn't settled into a city until the early 1900s. When, in 1906, W.F. Holt and C.A. Barker purchased land for only forty dollars an acre and put $100,000 into the area, transforming a barley field into a city right away, becoming the City of El Centro on April 16, 1908.
The city's population quickly grew from 1,610 by 1910 to 11,000 by the 1940s. One of the reasons it multiplied is that it became the county seat despite a battle with the City of Imperial, who also wanted the role. It was the second biggest city in the region and a major agricultural supplier for the area. Not only were there farms, fruit and vegetable packing and shipping also thrived along with ice plants and box factories.
Places to visit in El Centro:
- Visiting the Imperial Valley Mall, opened in 2005, to enjoy a premier shopping experience.
- Bucklin Park, a city park with a trail for walking or running and spacious picnic areas for the family.
- Algodones Dunes, the largest Dune field in the United States. Perfect for off-road driving of ATVs and four-wheel-drive trucks.
- El Centro Naval Air Facility to view the annual Blue Angels flight display event.
Home Restoration Following an Emergency
After a flood, a word you continue to hear is restoration. When it comes to home repairs, you may wonder what the word restoration means. It means to return something to its former condition. After a flood, restoration can become an involved process with many steps. However, our team at SERVPRO works hard to make sure that your home is thoroughly restored.
Restoration includes the following:
- Putting something back together, usually a home or business.
- Replacing parts of the drywall or resetting the contents of the home.
- Final cleaning and inspections.
- Contents are put back into place.
- Ensuring the home is put back to preloss condition.
For assistance with any home restoration project, contact SERVPRO of El Centro / Salton City anytime, 24/7, at (760) 337-5858. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Not Far from El Centro, the San Andreas Fault is a Visit like No Other.
We understand the need for rapid response to minimize the loss of your property after a flood occurs. Call us right away we are available 24/7.
El Centro Residents Know About the San Andreas Fault, but Few Have Driven Through it.
One need only think of the El Centro earthquake of 1940 to understand how intertwined the city’s history and development is with the San Andreas fault. Many Californians and visitors to the state are constantly alert regarding seismic activity natural to the area. A good way to learn more about the fault takes place not too far. Leaving from Palm Desert, you can explore the geologic features of the San Andreas fault. At the same time, a guide explains the vegetation and animal life in the formation and the influence of the Native American Cahuilla tribe. Make sure to consult online availability to book a tour and keep in mind the following-
- The tour is done in an open-air Jeep, leaving from Palm Desert.
- You will be able to walk around some areas, as explained by the naturalist guide traveling with you.
- A minimum of 2 guests is necessary to book the tour, and it is not wheelchair accessible.
Just as we expect the San Andreas to act up occasionally, we should assume flash flooding will happen in our region. SERVPRO technicians are ready to help when flash flooding removal services are necessary following a natural event. When a disaster occurs, it is time to leave it up to the experts, and SERVPRO of El Centro/Salton City is the best water restoration company in the region. Contact us at (760) 337-5858 and let us leave your home, “Like it never even happened.”