Needing Emergency Fire Cleanup in El Centro?
SERVPRO Techs Perform 24/7 Fire Damage Restoration
El Centro, California, boasts a population of over 44,000 as of 2019. This city is also the largest in the United States that is entirely below sea level at an elevation of approximately 42 feet.
The El Centro is also an agricultural marvel. Over the past century, this desert region was converted into farmland that produces a crop yield of over $1 billion per year. Almost half of Imperial County’s jobs focus on agriculture.
El Centro’s proximity to Los Angeles also makes it a scenic area for filming. Movies shot in the city include:
- The Scorpion King (2002)
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Stargate (1994)
- Jarhead (2005)
- Into the Wild (2007)
Sanctuary City: A Pilgrimage Near El Centro
This hillside sanctuary in the California desert lies a 45-minute drive from El Centro, directly north of Calipatria. The installation was pioneered by local artist Leonard Knight, who made the piece from adobe bricks and other salvaged materials, such as tires, auto parts, and windows.
The entire mount is covered in murals, Bible verses, and Christian sayings with an evangelical perspective. Knight started the project in 1984 and was so dedicated that he would give free tours to every visitor.
Other unique landmarks in and near El Centro include:
- The Algodones Dunes near Baja California, Mexico, and the Arizona border are considered a National Natural Landmark, designated by the National Park Service
- The Imperial Valley Pioneers Museum preserves many artifacts from early Imperial Valley cultures
- The Museum of History in Granite is found in Felicity, about an hour east of El Centro. Four large monuments of Missouri Red Granite commissioned by Jacques-André Istel are on display in the desert and designed to last for thousands of years
Understanding Fire Damage Odors
El Centro fire damage restoration professionals at SERVPRO possess the tools and knowledge necessary to mitigate fire damage stains, debris, and odors. Technicians remediate damage per Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) guidelines to ensure a consistent cleanup quality for structures and contents. Odor particles are small, potent, and challenging to remove without the right tools.
- Odors are more likely to cling to porous surfaces. Odor penetration is exacerbated by high-heat fires that spew denser concentrations of soot
- Humidity also affects the presence of odors by making odors stronger. Higher relative humidity causes odor vapors to develop that are more easily detected by scent
- Odor molecules can be as small as four microns–a fraction of the size of an average human hair (100 microns) or a typewriter period (150 microns)
Our Green Fleet has pickup trucks, vans, box trucks and more that contain an inventory of heavy duty equipment and cleaning and sanitation products. Once the FNOL is filed and an agreement for service has been signed by both parties, we can begin the removal of fire damaged debris and commence odor control.
Call SERVPRO of El Centro / Salton City at (760) 337-5858 for fire damage restoration.